Electronic Microscopy Laboratory
+380 44 483-82-35
Set up in 1962. A base Laboratory of the Academy of Medical Science of Ukraine. The laboratory were headed by Prof. V.P.Tushevskiy, MD, (1962-1990), prof. A.T.Nosov (1990–2010).
The laboratory is fitted out with modern electronic microscopy equipment and computer machines (ЕМ-400Т by “PHILIPS”, ultramicrotomes LKB III and Reichert, image analysis system IBAS-2000 by “OPTON”.
Key areas of research:
- study of dynamics of ultrastructural changes in cerebral tissues in case of cerebral blood circulation disorders;
- study of ultrastructural changes in brain neurons during experimentl edema-swelling;
- identification of morphofunctional criteria of nervous cell viability at the ultrastructural level in the process of their ischemic damage;
- study of histogenesis of brain tumors and identification of key electronic microscopy characteristics of tumor cells;
- study of apoptosis of nervous and tumor cells under the action of various physicochemical factors;
- study of ultrastructural and cytoenzimochemical characteristics of brain tissues in experimental animals in the dynamics of the posttraumatic stage;
- study of structural and functional condition of the brain during implantation of embryonic nervous tissue;
- study of ultrastructural changes in brain tissue in children with congenital CNS anomalies;
- ultrastructural study of immune properties of brain nervous cells in ontogenesis;
- study of ultrastructural damage of the peripheral nerve during transplantation of embryonic nervous tissue;
- study of ultrastructural changes in nervous and tumor cells under the action of high-energy laser irradiation.
The Laboratory is located in the 1st (administrative and laboratory) building of Romodanov Neurosurgery Institute (see Institute scheme).