The department was founded in 1966. Its former heads include: Oleksandr L. Dukhin
(1966–1984), Petro V. Spasichenko
(1984–2011), Sergiy V. Minov
Key therapeutic areas
– intensive therapy methods for patients with a severe TBI;
– intensive therapy methods for patients with para-stem cerebral tumors and cerebral vascular pathology;
– implementation of a method of cerebral local hypothermia.
Key research areas
– development of a method and study of the role of tidal dyalisis system of skull cavity in intensive therapy of neurosurgical patients;
– study of the role of intravascular irradiation of blood with low-energy HE-NE laser in intensive therapy of neurosurgical patients;
– study of mechanisms of development of various forms of edema and brain swelling, and development of differentiated nosotropic methods of intensive therapy;
– development of therapy methods of intensive for neurosurgical patients with pyoinflammatory complications.
Updated 01 February 2021