Head — Zhdanova Valentyna (06.09.1960), PhD MD (2000). The topic of Dissertation – “Rehabilitation Therapy of Oculomotor Vascular and Traumatic Disorders in Neurosurgical Patients”. 1983 – graduated from Kyiv Medical Institute, 1983-1984 – internship in Neurology. 1986 – received specialization in Physiсаl Medicine and Physiotherapy. Since 1988 – the Head of the Department of Physiсаl Medicine of the Institute of Neurosurgery.
Observership — Austrian-American seminar «Rehabilitation medicine» (Salzburg, Austria) – The National Hospital of Neurology and Neurosurgery (London, UK) – Institute of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (Vienna, Austria) – Neurological Center Rozenhyuhelya (Krankenhaus Hietzing mit Neurologischem Zentrum Rosenhügel) (Vienna, Austria). – National Rehabilitation Center of Latvia «Vaivari» (Latvia). Author of 180 scientific publications, including 25 patents.
The Main Activities Of The Department – Treatment of patients with disorders of the cranial and peripheral nerves (vascular, traumatic, inflammatory genesis, after removal of tumors), including oculomotor disorders, facial palsy;
– Treatment of patients with degenerative-dystrophic changes of the spine (protrusion,small hernia) and in the postoperative period after removal of herniated discs;
– with pain and neurological deficits in cerebral origin.
Telephone — 484-18-75
Email — Zhdanovav@ukr.net
The Department is located in the 2nd building of Romodanov Neurosurgery Institute (see Institute scheme).
List of procedures carried out in the Department of Physiсаl Medicine
1 Electrical stimulation of the eye muscles on condition of disturbance of III,IV,VI cranial nerves function (paralytic strabismus), as well as isolated ptosis of the upper eyelid.
2. Electrical stimulation of the optic nerves.
3. Electrical stimulation of the facial muscles.
4. Electrical stimulation of the throat muscles and the tongue.
5. Electrical stimulation of limbs and back.
6. Electrical stimulation of muscles of the bladder and bowel.
7. Amplipulse therapy (SMT- currents).
8. Ultrasound therapy and phonophoresis of drugs.
9. Galvanization and electrophoresis of drugs.
10. Magnetic (pulsed, low-frequency, constant magnetic field).
11. Inductothermy (high-frequency magnetic).
12. Laser therapy.
13. Magneto-laser therapy.
15. UHF- therapy.
16. Microwave therapy.
17. EHF- therapy.
18. Ultraviolet radiation (UVR) of the skin, mucous membranes, trophic ulcers.
19. Light-therapy (sollux).
20. Inhalation of drugs and herbal decoctions.
21. Mineral wax (Ozokerit), paraffin applications.
22. Cranio-sacral therapy.
23. Therapeutic massage.
24. Therapeutic exercise in diseases of the nervous system.
25. Exercises on the Evminov board.
There is a physiotherapy cabinet.
The department has developed and patented over 30 therapeutic techniques that help restore disturbed functions and improve the functional status of patients, and 2 scales for evaluation of the quality of patients’ life, allowing objectifying the results of rehabilitation and conducting dynamic monitoring during the treatment.